YouTube video production
Quick tips on how to create simple videos with your ipads or phones.
Summary of these vids
- Just get started – Use your phone or iPad or computer camera
- Get the Apps required if shooting with basic gear (for iphone use the YouTube App plus Youtube Studio App or Kinemaster App)
- Connect to Wifi and have your battery charged
- Create a channel via your Google account / Youtube / Youtube Studio
- Make sure you are signed in to your channel to access the camera or upload content from your device
- Determine if the site for fun or for-profit and whether you content is public or private (this can be changed at any time)
- What is your channel about and who do you want to subscribe?
- Are you prepared to invest in lighting (soft box) and sound gear (clip-on mics), tripods, turntables.
- Intermediate video makers – I recommend Premiere Pro ( rent this with a monthly subscription via Adobe Creative Suite online)
- For profitable sites, you may consider the value in pro cameras, green screens, GoPro, Professional mics, professional editing services, employing designers and or advanced editing software such as Adobe After Effects.
- Test your room for best angles
- Use the best setting (24 frames and 4K)
- Use the rear camera for the best quality
- Look into the lens, not the screen
- Take test shots for sound and video
- Write a script or outline for fewer mistakes
- Make a thumbnail for your video